In-stock (in our Victoria shop), complete kits $1,050 (Bafang motor + 14Ah Battery)
Implementation services: starting at $250 + additional parts if required
See our gallery of systems installed on bicycles by our installation team.
Have an existing bicycle that you love, but want to convert it to electric, then this is the kit for you. This mid-drive kits provide powerful e-bike performance while maintaining the original pedaling enjoyment. With an integrated speed sensor, this mid-drive motor is compatible with standard ISO bottom bracket 68-72mm wide (adapters are available for most non-standard setups). A massive torque output of up to 120NM that will get you up the steepest of hills. These motors are regarded as the very best in the EBike world. Extremely quiet and robust. Fully waterproof and internally lubricated within sealed casings. These motors have plenty of standard off-the-shelf options from a variety of providers making them inexpensive to maintain and upgrade.
All you have to do is select through to the options below we will pair up the correct batteries to each motor system. With your chosen specs we take care of all the important parts and we build the perfect kit, tailored for you.
What’s included with the kit:
- Bafang BBS02b 500w/48v motor (e-bike laws in BC)
- 860c Colour Display (3, 5 or 9 PAS levels, voltage, trip, odo, range)
- Speed Sensor and Spoke Mounted Magnet
- Left and Right Crank Arms
- Thumb Throttle **(note BC’s e-bike laws)
- Left and Right Brake Levers (suitable for Cantilever, V-Brake or Mechanical Disc Brakes)
- 44T Chainring
- Cable harness
- Mounting hardware
- Current pricing: $625 Canadian (plus shipping and GST)
Gear Shift Sensor
Add a gear shift sensor to make shifting smooth and easy. The Gear Sensor system is easy to install and momentarily inhibits the power from the motor for just long enough to gear shift. The shift sensor eases wear on your chain and drivetrain. It installs by passing the shifter cable through the unit (a new shifter cable is often required). We recommend installing the shift sensor up high on the bike where it does not get wet or dirty to limit failure.
Hydraulic Brake Sensor(s)
If your existing bicycle has hydraulic brakes, add these brake sensors. The sensors detect when the brakes have been applied and will stop the motor from engaging. They include a 3M adhesive tape, however, in some cases epoxy is required to ensure a permanent connection.
- 48v 14aH Frame Battery – Approx 40-60kms per charge (In-stock) — Current Price $425 (plus shipping and GST)
- 48v 17aH Frame Battery – Approx 50-80kms per charge (Backordered)
- 52v 17.5aH Frame Battery – Approx 50-90 kms per charge (Backordered)
- 52v 21aH Frame Battery – Approx 60-120 kms per charge (Backordered)
If you are looking for some help DIY installing one of these kits, have a look at our Mid-Drive Kit Installation Guides.